TATA AIG General Insurance Company Limited was launched in 2001 as a joint venture between the TATA Group and the American International Group (AIG). TATA AIG’s portfolio consists of a range of general insurance covers for travel, personal accident, car, agriculture, marine cargo, etc. With more than 200 offices across the country, an asset base of over ₹10,000 crores, and a distribution network of more than 22,000 licensed agents, TATA AIG also has a dedicated customer support team and technological tools providing memorable experiences to its customers.
TATA AIG 4-Wheeler Insurance
TATA AIG offers various 4-Wheeler Insurance plans to offer protection against financial losses arising out of any accidents or mishaps. It offers two types of 4-wheeler Insurance plans that keep you protected in situations like theft, earthquakes, floods, etc., damages caused to the vehicle and self during an accident, and damages caused to the third party. The perfect car insurance policy can free you of worries while driving the car.
Types of 4-Wheeler Insurance offered by TATA AIG
TATA AIG offers the following three types of 4-wheeler insurance policies:
1. Liability Only Policy
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all 4-wheelers must have an insurance policy with a minimum coverage of third-party liability. Even if the owner is parking the car in a public place, he/she needs to buy car insurance. The Liability Only Policy offered by TATA AIG protects the car owner against all liabilities arising out of an accident. It includes any damage to the vehicle and physical injury or death of the person present in the third-party vehicle.
2. Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy
This is a comprehensive car insurance policy that offers third party cover, as well as cover for your own vehicle. It also offers 13 add-ons that can help you get all-round protection. The key features of this policy are:
- Any damage to or loss of the vehicle insured – The Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy offers protection against losses or damages arising due to the following reasons:
- Fire caused by lightning, explosion, self-ignition, etc.
- Flood, cyclone, hailstorm, etc.
- Accidental external means
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- While in transit by railroad inland
- Landslide or rockslide
This is subject to the deduction of depreciation as specified in the policy document.
- Third-Party Liability – The policy also offers protection in the event of an accident either caused by or arising out of the use of the vehicle. The insurance covers any injury or death of the person present in the third-party vehicle and any damage to property other than the property of the insured.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver – Further, the policy offers protection to the owner of the vehicle if he is driving the car and meets with an accident resulting in physical injury or death. The compensation amount is ₹15 lakh.
Additionally, there are 13 add-ons to choose from:
- Return to invoice
- Daily allowance
- Emergency transport and hotel expenses
- Roadside assistance
- Courtesy or hire car
- No claim bonus protection cover
- Repair of glass, fibre, plastic, and rubber parts
- Key replacement cover
- Loss of personal belongings
- Consumable expenses
- Tyre Secure
- Engine Secure
3. Auto Secure-Commercial Vehicle Package Policy
This is a comprehensive car insurance policy that offers cover to all commercial vehicles. It also offers 6 unique add-ons that can help you get all-round protection. The key features of this policy are:
- It offers all the features offered by the Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy specified above.
- The policy covers a wide range of commercial vehicles like goods carrying vehicles, passenger-carrying vehicles, and taxis. It also covers the miscellaneous class of vehicles such as tractors, cranes, and trailers.
Further, the Auto Secure-Commercial Vehicle Package Policy offers six unique add-ons:
- Depreciation reimbursement
- Loss of equipment /goods (For Private Carrier Only)
- Additional transportation Expenses
- Loss of Income
- EMI Protector
- Repair of Glass, Fiber, Plastic & Rubber Parts
Claims are not honoured under the following circumstances:
- Damages due to war
- Damages due to any mechanical or electrical malfunction
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs causing the accident
- The driver not having a valid driving license at the time of making the claim
- Any loss or damage due to the car’s depreciation
- Wilful damage of the vehicle
Why opt for TATA AIG?
While there are numerous insurers available in the market, TATA AIG stands out for its customer-focused processes, pan-India presence, and years of experience in the segment. Here is a quick list of features and benefits you can avail of by opting for TATA AIG:
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited has handled 728,160 claims and paid ₹2,426 crores with an overall settlement ratio of 95%.
- Direct settlement facility for auto claims
- Claim settlement within seven working days
- Minimal documentation
- Around the clock support
- Cashless services
- Range of add-on services for a more comprehensive cover
- Simple process of buying and renewing car insurance online
In a nutshell
TATA AIG is well-known for being a solution-centric brand. With innovative products and a team focused on making the end-to-end process hassle-free, the company is one of the most trusted insurance brands in the market today.